Share your voice: Support Existing Environmental Regulations
Submit a comment: Now through December 8th
The Minnesota DNR is seeking public comment to inform its decision on whether the state’s existing nonferrous mine siting rule is adequate to protect the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness from the effects of potential mining within the Rainy River Headwaters watershed.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Minnesota’s environmental regulations are some of the strictest in the world. If a mining project doesn’t meet or exceed environmental standards, it won’t be authorized.
- Challengers are attempting to shorten the environmental review process. These efforts rely on studies that use hypothetical descriptions of nonferrous mining projects instead of actual research.
Current standards thoroughly assess every project based on its unique environment. The Minnesota DNR process takes into account the surrounding environment and geology specific to our region.
Mining in Minnesota has coexisted with wilderness for over 130 years, and mining projects are essential to our state’s future. Now is the time to share your voice and participate in the process.
Take action now:
- Visit the DNR’s comment page: https://survey.mn.gov/s.asp?k=163595161979
- Accept the terms.
- Follow the prompts to get to the comment page.
- Share your thoughts. (View sample comment)